Two different application opportunities available to 1) college or university bound Shasta & Tehama county high school students who have played golf in high school or junior golf programs and 2) previous award recipients from this fund.
The mission of the Top of the State Board of Directors is to provide educational scholarships for Shasta & Tehama county high school students who have played golf in high school or junior golf programs, and are planning to pursue degrees at two or four year universities and colleges. The Top of the State Scholarship Endowment Fund is made possible primarily from the proceeds of the SJ Denham Scholarship Golf Classic in August of each year.
HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
Deadline: Wednesday, March 13th, 2024
Open Application Season: November – March
- Graduating from a high school in Shasta or Tehama county
- Plays organized Junior Golf or played on a High School Golf Team
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Be an undergraduate student the fall semester following high school graduation
RENEWALS – UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
Deadline: Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Open Application Season: November – March annually
- Recipient of the Top of the State Jr. Golf Scholarship in previous years
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher