From their freshman to senior year, the Reach Higher Scholarship Fund, offers $250 that may be renewed by the awarded student for a total scholarship of up to $1,000 at the end of four years. This scholarship aims to reward and motivate students EARLY in their high school careers and build a sense of hope for the pursuit of higher education. Annually, ten high school freshmen will be awarded $250 – funds will be held for final scholarship distribution when the awarded student successfully enrolls in a university. The mission of the Reach Higher Scholarship Fund is to make a difference in the community, as well as in individual students’ lives, by focusing upon Shasta County students who are statistically unlikely to pursue a university education; ultimately increasing the percentage of our local high school graduates who pursue a university education.
Deadline: Wednesday, March 13th, 2024
Open Application Season: January-March annually
- Be a current Freshman at a Shasta County high school.
- Be on track to successfully complete A-G requirements during your Freshman year with grades of C or higher in each class.
- Demonstrate financial need, coming from low-income families.
- Have parents who do not possess bachelor’s degrees.
* If selected, you will receive your scholarship award when you are enrolled at a four-year college or university.