Community Foundation of the North State is happy to announce eight $1,000 grants to performing arts venues and groups in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Tehama counties in honor of their safe re-openings, anticipated this Summer.
“COVID has been devastating to the performing arts, with theaters being unable to host music, dance, and theatrical productions in their indoor venues. The economic toll from lack of ticket sales filters through our communities, affecting individual artists, restaurants, and vendors. In addition to the positive economic benefits of theaters, we have also missed the many cultural benefits, from creative expression to simple enjoyment of seeing a show. While many groups have been creative with streaming, we join them in excitement as they prepare to open,” says Kerry Caranci, CEO of Community Foundation of the North State.
Theaters receiving grants include:
- The Jefferson Center for the Arts (Siskiyou County)
- Siskiyou Performing Arts Center (Siskiyou County)
- Cascade Theater (Shasta County)
- Axiom Repertory Theater (Shasta County)
- Riverfront Playhouse (Shasta County)
- Advance Redding/Redding Civic Auditorium (Shasta County)
- State Theater for the Arts (Tehama County)
- City of Corning for Rodgers Theater (Tehama County)
These grants bring the total amount of COVID-19 Relief Funds distributed to $621,575. The COVID-19 Relief Fund was established by the Community Foundation in March 2020 to address the needs of our region’s vulnerable residents. COVID-19 Relief Fund donors include generous individual community members, local businesses, and regional charitable foundations.