The Community Foundation of the North State is pleased to announce that the Burney Regional Community Fund has awarded nine grants totaling $57,491 to deserving organizations in the Intermountain area. This is the highest amount awarded to date from this fund, thanks to the power of a growing endowment coupled with ongoing support from Pattern Energy Group.
- Burney Fire Protection District – $3,500 to outfit fire engine with critical super VAC positive pressure ventilator equipment
- Burney Water District – $7,500 to purchase a climbing wall for use by eligible swimmers at Raymond Berry Intermountain Pool Facility
- Friends of the Intermountain Libraries, Inc. – $5,100 to purchase children’s books in Spanish,” Hot Off the Press” program, cart cover, and DVD cleaner
- Little Valley Community Services District – $7,500 to purchase and install new apparatus bay doors for the Little Valley Vol. Fire Dept.
- Mercy Foundation North – $7,500 to support DHCL nutrition and transportation services for seniors, families, and those with disabilities
- Mountain Valleys Health Centers – $6,391 to purchase new EKG system for Burney Health Center’s MVHC patients
- Pathways to Hope for Children – $6,500 to host two Parent Cafés and support follow-up case management services to Burney families
- Spay and Neuter Intermountain Pets & Pet Placement (SNIPPP) – $7,500 to provide free or low cost spay/neuter vouchers for dogs and cats
- Tri County Community Network – $6,000 to bring Kid Fit 2023 Summer Program to Intermountain families
“This year, the community-based grant review panel opted for projects providing health and public safety essentials, outdoor activities for youth, and serving people – and animals – in need. We are happy to support these organizations as they work to strengthen Intermountain communities and are grateful for the ongoing support of Pattern Energy Group,” said Megan Conn, Program Officer at the Community Foundation.
Established at the Community Foundation in 2007 with a seed gift from Pattern Energy Group LLC, the Burney Regional Community Fund addresses the needs of the Greater Burney Region – Burney, Cassel, Fall River Mills, Hat Creek, McArthur, and Old Station. Grants from the Fund are awarded to nonprofit organizations and public entities through a competitive process, providing financial resources to organizations and programs based on specific criteria established by local community leaders. Local Intermountain community members participate in the grant review process and make recommendations.
The cumulative total dispersed from the Burney Regional Community Fund since inception is approx. $550,000. A listing of recent awards can be found at https://cfnorthstate.org/grants/burney-regional-community-fund.
For more information about this and other grant programs managed by the Community Foundation, contact Megan Conn, Program Officer or visit https://cfnorthstate.org/grant/grants/