The George Grotefend Scholarship provides funding for students who graduate successfully after having attended all four years of high school in Shasta County and who plan to continue their education at a four-year college or university or other accredited institution of higher learning in the State of California. Applications are accepted from high school seniors, and awardees are selected based on merit and financial need from the annual pool of applicants.
Dr. George Grotefend was a dentist and a member of a prominent Shasta County pioneer family. During his lifetime, he involved himself with ranching and mining in addition to running a very busy dental practice. Upon his death, the bulk of his estate was put into a trust to provide scholarships to deserving high school graduates from Shasta County in Northern California.
Deadline: March 4, 2022
To apply, visit the link here directly
Tax-deductible donations to the Fund may be made in any amount. Your generosity will be appreciated by future generations of Shasta County high school students.
- Have a high school Academic Weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have attended all four years of high school in Shasta County
- Be on schedule to graduate on time in the current school year
- Be planning to attend a four-year college/university in the State of California
- Exhibit financial need as demonstrated by an Expected Family Contribution less than $8,000 (from FAFSA)